Happy Thanksgiving from Arrowhead Consulting!
2020 has presented us all with so many challenges that have significantly shaped our world. It has changed the landscape for what Thanksgiving festivities will be for many this year, but we can still take the time to reflect on things that we are thankful for. To that end, we at Arrowhead Consulting wanted to pause and share what our team is thankful for both professionally and personally.
- Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In this very trying year, I am thankful for the Arrowhead team I get to work with every day. We are like one big family. Even though we can get on each other’s nerves, we always support and encourage on another.
- Personally, I am so thankful for my wife and son. They are the reason I get up and out of bed every morning, and they both bring so much love and joy to my life.
- Lastly, I would have to say without a doubt my favorite Thanksgiving dish is my mom’s sweet potato casserole. She makes it every year, and I eat WAY too much of it! If I could leave you with one tip to survive the holidays with family this year it would be this: be present in the time you spend time together. By that I mean, turn off the TV/phone/tablet, and sit down and play a game or go outside for a walk together. I think this year, more than ever, spending quality time with the people you love should not be wasted. Safe travels to everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving!
- I’m professionally thankful for the collaborative, nimble team at Arrowhead who navigated the unprecedented COVID world and came out stronger on the other side. We have doubled in size (in staff, office space and number of new clients in 2020), all during a pandemic. It boggles my mind, and frankly I’m humbled with the accomplishments the team has chalked up, all while keeping to our Core Values and delivering reference worthy work to our customers.
- I’m personally thankful for my family, the reason I get up and go to work every day. They have always been great supporters and cheerleaders of my endeavors but the motivation to be able to provide for them while showing an example of what hard work, loyalty and customer service gets you, is what drives me to succeed.
- My wife makes a majority of the food for Thanksgiving and it’s all fantastic but I’m a big pre-dinner snack guy, so I love to make my jalapeno, chicken and cream cheese dip. I brought it to our Arrowhead Thanksgiving luncheon, and it appears my coworkers enjoyed it as much as my family members do.
- Bonus: A tip to survive Thanksgiving – I learned this from my dad and have carried on the tradition – put a pool together for the Dallas Cowboys football game around the total score and/or the scores at the end of each quarter. This makes it easy to have the game on during “family time” and creates a shared purpose and vested interest for everyone to watch the game. Dallas is having a tough year this year and has already lost to Washington this season but I’m predicting a 20-17 Cowboys victory on Thanksgiving.
- I have so much to be thankful for this year. I recently passed my 1-year anniversary with Arrowhead and I have had a blast getting to work alongside people much smarter than me. Our culture and nature of work constantly challenges me to develop my skills and press into areas that are out of my comfort zone. It gets tough sometimes, but it’s also been a tremendous opportunity to grow.
- On the personal side, I have really enjoyed being a bit simpler in life. It’s easy with so many options of entertainment, hobbies, and extracurriculars for our family to get sucked up into a rhythm of running from one thing to another. With all the negatives that COVID has brought, it has certainly brought a slowing down that has been a huge blessing in disguise. Our family has gotten to spend so much quality time together in the past 6 months, and we would have possibly never realized what we were missing without a drastic paradigm shift like the pandemic.
- Lastly, my biggest Thanksgiving tip…stay home Friday. Be thankful for what you have and the extra sleep you’ll get by not chasing that new discounted TV. #TooBlessedToStress
- Professionally, the thing I’m most thankful for is Arrowhead’s ability to assist so many people displaced by COVID through our Paths to Progress Program; allowing people to improve their skills to be better prepared for new opportunities not only in 2020 but 2021 and beyond.
- Personally, I’m thankful for the good health that I and my family have had to date (knock on wood) during the pandemic – so much so that I am working to get a better health regimen in place and (finally) begin to start working out without having to make a New Year’s Resolution.
- My favorite Thanksgiving dish has (for years) been my daughter’s sweet potato casserole. It’s a main course, it’s a dessert, it’s awesome. As far as surviving family during the Thanksgiving holiday, I defer to the musical “Camelot” and the recommendation found in the song “How to handle a Woman”. Simply love them.
- Professionally, I am thankful for the AMAZING team at Arrowhead. I feel very fortunate to work with each and every person.
- Personally, I am thankful for my family and friends. It has been a crazy year, and I am thankful that everyone has remained safe and healthy.
- To be honest, I am not a big Thanksgiving food fan, but I do love leftover turkey sandwiches. My best tip for surviving family during Thanksgiving is to have a couple of cocktails and remember to cherish all the memories and not sweat the small stuff. Eventually, you will laugh about any mistakes or issues that come up.
- Every Thanksgiving season, I take time to think over the year so far as to find ways I am thankful for but thought that I wouldn’t be able to come up with any concrete items other than a wine subscription which is getting me through COVID with two small kiddos. But, upon reflection, I had lots to be thankful for. My biggest one would be finding a job with a company that accepts me for me. Long gone are the days where I had to compromise my personality to fit into a ‘culture’. I finally found my perfect culture fit!
- I am also thankful for the tribe of people that have gotten me through some huge obstacles that 2020 presented me and my family. I definitely would not have been able to gracefully navigate the year without them.
- As I enjoy my favorite Thanksgiving dish, Grandma Edie’s Stuffing, I hope you also enjoy the extended time with your loved ones and find things to also be thankful for this year. Happy Thanksgiving!
- I have been working as an Organizational Change Manager for most of my career, and I am so thankful that I am able to continue in this line of work. Not only do I have a great team at Arrowhead Consulting, but I have amazing clients. I love getting up in the morning and coming to work.
- I also love coming home at night, especially when I get to spend time with my beautiful children. Somehow, God found it in his heart to match me with my children from St. Petersburg, Russia, and for this I will be forever grateful.
- With the diversity of my family and friends, one never knows what to expect at family gatherings. It is like my Mother’s Bread Dressing; it is different every year, but always fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving!
- In my professional life I am thankful for my position at Arrowhead Consulting where I feel that the company supports me in my position as a project manager and supports all their employees in their positions as well.
- In my personal life I am very thankful for my family. We have always been very close and supportive of each other and with all the laughs, love, memories, guidance and support, I know we can make it through anything.
- In closing, my favorite Thanksgiving dish is probably my mother’s dressing, but if you follow my Facebook page I can tell you I cook up a “pretty tasty” turkey, and one last thing, Thanksgiving dinner is not complete without a can of jellied cranberry sauce. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
- There is so much to be thankful for this year. Professionally, I am thankful for the job and team I have at Arrowhead Consulting. It is crazy to think I have been here for almost a year now. This is one of those jobs where you are constantly learning something new every day. This team always brings 110% effort in supporting each other and our client’s needs.
- Personally, this year has been a blessing in disguise. My family has fortunately stayed healthy throughout the pandemic. I also feel I have grown closer to people during the midst of this pandemic and have created memories that will last a lifetime.
- Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year! Getting together with family and friends is always such a blast. It also makes the day better if the Dallas Cowboys win their Thanksgiving game. My favorite Thanksgiving dish has to be my grandmother’s dressing, but in a close second is my mother’s chocolate meringue pie. Have a great Thanksgiving!
- One professional thing I’m thankful for is the diversity of positions I’ve held over my career. I’ve been exposed to a lot of different businesses which has helped grow my resume.
- Personally, I’ve been blessed with two beautiful daughters who are not only ambitious but have loving hearts as well.
- Our Thanksgiving meal wouldn’t be complete without pickled mushrooms. My grandma started making those when I was a little girl and we’ve continued the tradition with each generation.