Don’t Let Spring “Break” You!
Are you planning a Spring Break trip this year? Going with friends, family, or classmates? If so keep these 3 things in mind so that Spring Break won’t “break” you this year:
Cost Benefit Analysis
- Whether you are going to the lake with your family, a ski trip with some college friends, or on a cruise with your classmates, plan ahead to make sure that the budget does not break the bank. Make a balanced decision about the costs and benefits of various destinations and activities.
- If you are staying in a hotel, get a room with a refrigerator and microwave. This will help save money on food and drinks. Also look for hotels that offer free breakfast and snacks.
- BONUS TRAVEL TIP: A good way to save money is to book your trip as a group!
- Friend trips to Cancun or Panama City can be an incredible time, but in a party atmosphere there is risk around every corner. Make sure you protect yourself, know your surroundings and limit your alcohol intake. Safety should always be a priority and will help you have an unforgettable trip.
- Maybe you’re taking a family road trip to the mountains or the ocean? Getting there is half the fun but make sure you get there safely. Focus on driving and put down the cell phone. Enjoy your time with your friends and family, have fun by playing music, telling stories or just having conversations. Safety is the focus, but connecting with your group is a great way to start off a trip. Whatever your trip may be, managing risk is the most important thing to be diligent about when on vacation.
- BONUS TRAVEL TIP: Have fun and be responsible!
Project Time Management
- On the Friday before a Spring Break trip, if you aren’t watching every second tick off the clock, you are doing it wrong. There is nothing wrong with anticipation for a big event or vacation, it is a fun part of the process. Be sure to prepare for time away from coursework, office deadlines, or any other obligations. Being prepared will help you get the most out of your trip, save time and help eliminate stress.
- BONUS TRAVEL TIP: Plan to have everything ready to go by EOD Thursday before break. Putting tasks off until the last minute is not a best practice!
You might have picked up on this already, but if not, there is one common denominator that these three principles have in common and that will ensure an epic Spring Break: Plan Ahead! Have a great, safe, and planned out Spring Break this year!
Thanks for reading! Connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Arrowhead Consulting, a new focus, aimed at your success!